They say it’s all about location – and Nantwich Almshouses has some pretty impressive sites.
There’s a diverse range of quality accommodation spread over six locations.
- Beam Street offers 24 units – a mix of cottages for couples and apartments for one and two people.
- Welsh Row, an historic stretch of timber-framed buildings, is home to six modernised double units with gardens.
- Wall Lane, five bungalows, just steps away from the town centre.
- Manor Road, four bungalows, close to town with gardens.
- Shavington, a short drive from Nantwich, offers living accommodation in three bungalows on Richardson Close.
- Willaston, again close to Nantwich, offers six bungalows in a row on Colley’s Lane.
A landmark in Nantwich, the Beam Street properties are entered by a striking archway into landscaped gardens. Residents enjoy activities and get-togethers in a community lounge. A caretaker is employed on the Beam Street site and all units are connected via a call system.
Other units are fitted with Piper lifeline phones provided by the Nantwich Almshouses Trust.
The interactive map below shows the six primary locations. The properties on Wall Lane and Manor Road are very close to each other – so the markers are grouped until you have zoomed in sufficiently.
The map has zooming and street view enabled. You can also switch between map and satellite view.